My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Nepal quake relief drive intensifies April 26, 2015Rescue efforts in Nepal intensify after more than 1,300 people were killed in the country's worst earthquake in more than 80 years.
- In the Hatton Garden raiders' footsteps April 25, 2015'What I learned retracing the Hatton Garden thieves' footsteps'
- 'Shaken to the core' April 25, 2015The earthquake in Nepal is Sunday's top story, with the papers highlighting missing Britons, as well as fearing that a humanitarian crisis may unfold in the disaster's aftermath.
- How much for Hazard? '£100m per leg' April 25, 2015Eden Hazard would cost Real Madrid £200m if they wanted to try and buy him from Chelsea, says Blues boss Jose Mourinho.
- FA Trophy winners 'face relegation' April 25, 2015Players from North Ferriby United - the FA Trophy winners - claim the club faces voluntary relegation from the Conference North.