My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Thousands of migrants rescued off Libya August 29, 2016About 6,500 migrants are rescued in a series of 40 co-ordinated operations off the coast of Libya, the Italian coast guard says.
- A look back at actor Gene Wilder's life August 29, 2016The BBC's Nick Higham looks back at the career of actor Gene Wilder, who has died at the age of 83.
- Apple facing record bill for Irish tax August 29, 2016Apple could be ordered to pay billions of euros in back taxes in the Republic of Ireland under a European Union ruling expected on Tuesday.
- Wayne Rooney stays as England captain under new manager Sam Allardyce August 29, 2016New England manager Sam Allardyce says retaining Manchester United's Wayne Rooney as captain was an "easy decision" to make.
- Joe Hart: Man City keeper to have Torino medical before loan move August 29, 2016Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart leaves England training to have a medical at Torino with a loan move edging closer.