My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Oil prices hit fresh four-year lows November 28, 2014Crude oil prices hit a four-year low after the decision of the Opec oil producers' cartel not to cut output.
- Bath 25-6 Harlequins November 28, 2014Cross-code signing Sam Burgess debuts for Bath as the West County side beat a Harlequins side that was briefly down to 12 men.
- Websites creak on record Black Friday November 28, 2014Retailers including John Lewis and Currys head for record online sales as frenzied shopping swamps websites.
- Referee Owens backs gay abuse ban November 28, 2014Referee Nigel Owens backs the ban of two fans for shouting homophobic abuse at him - and says he would be willing to meet them.
- The singing sailor of Oman November 28, 2014A young Omani who went to sea in the 1920s ended up recording a string of hit records that fuse Indian and Arabic musical styles.