My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- US editor Ben Bradlee dies at 93 October 22, 2014Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post during the Watergate scandal that toppled President Nixon, has died aged 93, the newspaper says.
- Move to stop charities funding terror October 22, 2014The charities watchdog is to receive an extra £8m and new powers to help it tackle charities used to fund crime and terrorism, the prime minister will say.
- Concern raised over UK use of drones October 22, 2014The use of drones in the UK will rise over the next 20 years, raising "significant safety, security, and privacy concerns", a report says.
- Slumbering lions win top photo prize October 22, 2014A black and white image of lions resting on a rock outcrop in the Serengeti has won the 2014 Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.
- Physics reveals how nature sparkles October 22, 2014Researchers reveal that the same physical mechanism is behind many of nature's most dazzling shines.