My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Chimp culture captured on camera October 1, 2014Researchers capture the social spread of a new type of tool use in a wild population of chimps for the first time.
- IS vehicles targeted by RAF Tornados October 1, 2014RAF jets fired four missiles at Islamic State vehicles in Iraq overnight, the Ministry of Defence says.
- Iconic building badly damaged by fire October 1, 2014A fire badly damages one of the best known buildings in Leeds - the Grade II-listed former Majestyk nightclub.
- Cars will be taxed twice, says AA October 1, 2014The AA complains that the new vehicle tax system will provide the government with extra revenue, as some cars will, in effect, be taxed twice.
- England extend Lancaster contract October 1, 2014England head coach Stuart Lancaster has signed a new contract with the RFU that will keep him in the job until 2020.