My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- England v Pakistan: Hosts lead by 489 runs in second Test at Old Trafford July 24, 2016England stretch their lead over Pakistan to 489 runs after choosing not to enforce the follow-on on day three of the second Test.
- Verizon 'agrees $5bn Yahoo deal' July 24, 2016US telecoms giant Verizon Communications is to buy Yahoo's core internet business for $5bn (£3.8bn), according to media reports.
- England v Pakistan: Alex Hales out but England lead Pakistan by 489 July 24, 2016England lose Alex Hales for 24 - caught behind off Mohammad Amir - but they extend their lead over Pakistan to 489 after three days of the second Test at Old Trafford.
- Germany machete attack: Syria migrant 'kills woman' July 24, 2016A woman is killed and two other people injured in south-western Germany in a machete attack by a Syrian asylum-seeker, police say.
- Dover delays: Queues ease but delays 'could last for weeks' July 24, 2016Lengthy delays for motorists travelling to Dover ease but Kent Police warn that some disruption at the port could last for weeks.