My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- West Africa flight ban over Ebola July 29, 2014A West African airline halts flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone amid concern about the spread of Ebola as a leading doctor dies of the virus in Sierra Leone.
- Rugby star 'attacked ex-girlfriend' July 29, 2014Wales rugby star Ian Gough attacked his ex-girlfriend, former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill, just days after her engagement to pop star Dane Bowers, a court has heard.
- Road rage driver used lorry to kill July 29, 2014A lorry driver is convicted of using his 17-tonne truck to murder another motorist by deliberately driving over him.
- Liberia bans football over Ebola July 29, 2014Liberia suspends all football activities in an effort to control the spread of Ebola, as the number of people killed by the virus in West Africa reaches 672.
- MH17 parents 'angry and frustrated' July 29, 2014Parents of one of the Malaysia Airlines crash victims say after meeting David Cameron they are "angry and frustrated" at not knowing what has happened to their son's body.