My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Brown outlines 'power-sharing' UK March 10, 2014Former prime minister Gordon Brown believes Holyrood should be given more control over tax as part of a power sharing plan between London and Edinburgh.
- 10-year term for kidnap and beating March 10, 2014A Denbighshire man was kidnapped, stripped and beaten before being found wandering dazed and naked in a street, a court hears.
- Ukraine 'lawlessness' angers Russia March 10, 2014Russia condemns "lawlessness" in eastern Ukraine and blames far-right militants for "conniving" with the Kiev authorities - a claim denied by Ukraine.
- Blakelock 'curled up and screamed' March 10, 2014PC Blakelock curled up in a ball and screamed for help as a mob hacked him to death during the Broadwater Farm riots, an eyewitness tells the Old Bailey.
- Gosling admits to FA betting charge March 10, 2014Newcastle midfielder Dan Gosling admits a Football Association misconduct charge in relation to betting.