My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- VIDEO: When Anwar met Malala November 25, 2015A terminally ill teenage boy from Pakistan has been flown to the UK to fulfil his dying wish to meet the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Malala Yousafzai.
- Chicago police release shooting dashcam November 25, 2015US officials release dashboard camera video showing a white policeman shooting a black teenager last year in Chicago as a murder charge is brought.
- China's Ding beaten by amateur Duffy November 24, 2015Amateur Adam Duffy pulls off one of the biggest upsets in UK Championship history with a 6-2 win over Ding Junhui.
- 'World on knife edge' after jet shot down November 24, 2015Wednesday's papers are full of foreboding after Turkey shoots down a Russian warplane, with a single powerful image of the incident on almost every front page.
- VIDEO: Steven Spielberg on spying and politics November 24, 2015BBC Newsnight's Stephen Smith speaks to director Steven Spielberg about his new Cold War thriller Bridge of Spies, the power of TV, and the trickiest actor he has ever worked with.