My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please call
- Duran Duran 'shocked' after losing legal copyright battle December 2, 2016Pop group Duran Duran express shock and anger after losing a court battle to reclaim US rights to some of their most famous songs.
- Chelsea FC 'paid me £50,000 over abuse' December 2, 2016An ex-Chelsea player claims the club paid him £50,000 to keep quiet about sex abuse allegations.
- Premier League: Shearer and Sutton on Aguero, Costa and what next for Man Utd December 2, 2016Aguero or Costa, what is wrong with Vardy and what next for Manchester United - MOTD pundits Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton preview the weekend action.
- Elton John says HIV 'end in sight' in West December 2, 2016The end of HIV "is in sight" in Western countries, but increased testing is vital, Sir Elton John says.
- MP Anna Soubry contacts police over 'Jo Cox' tweet December 2, 2016A Remain-supporting Conservative MP contacts police after a Twitter post asking someone to "Jo Cox" her emerged.