My approach to web design is to talk to my prospective client to gain an insight into and understanding of their business and how they relate to their customers so that their web can be constructed with customer interaction a prime feature. Most businesses I talk to have already spent a good deal of time energy and money on developing a corporate image and I would not expect to overturn that image, rather adapt the image to best effect on the internet. Additional graphic design may be needed to enhance the site. Navigation and download times are key elements because if they are not easy and quick respectively your web site reader will soon lose patience and leave your site.
I will guide you through the process of choosing a reliable and quality host. A host is a company that provides a server (dedicated computer) which is live on the internet 24/7 for 365 days per annum thereby ensuring that your web site is always available to view.
Domain Name Registration
You must have a domain name in order to place your web site on the internet (World Wide Web). This name becomes your unique identity on the internet. You will need to register your chosen name through a suitable provider and this will often be the same company that will operate your hosting service. I will assist you through this relatively straightforward process.
Online Sales (e-commerce)
I will discuss with you the issues and possibilities which fall under 3 main headings;
1 The Shop Front to be presented to the customer and the use of an online catalogue.
2 The Shopping Cart to enable easy selection of and payment for goods.
3 Methods of online payment.
Most hosting packages will provide some form of visitor statistics such as; number of visits, length of visits, search engine reports, referrer URLs, search engine keyword referrals, browser and operating system analysis, page by page downloads.
Details shown at top. Please email or call
- Journalist John Freeman dies at 99 December 21, 2014The diplomat and journalist John Freeman, best known for his interviews for BBC television series Face to Face, dies at the age of 99.
- US insists North Korea behind hack December 21, 2014The US says North Korea must admit "culpability" for a cyber-attack on Sony Pictures after North Korea suggests a joint inquiry into the attack.
- VIDEO: How can a fish be a spy? - in 15 secs December 21, 2014The US navy has developed a robot that looks like a fish, but has high-tech surveillance equipment inside.
- Slower ambulance fears, and roadside drug tests December 21, 2014Claims that NHS England may make target response times for ambulances longer, and news on a festive season blitz on drug-driving are two of a mixed bag of Sunday headlines.
- Gunman kills two New York policemen December 21, 2014A gunman shoots dead two police officers sitting inside a patrol car in New York before killing himself, officials say.